Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you change/delete @icloud email address

I have been searching online but haven't been able to find a solution. Does anyone know how to change my @icloud email address? (not my email associated with my apple id, but the actual @icloud email address that I created years ago on my iphone). Sometime it is necessary to change your email address, name change, life events, etc... I do not want to create an alias. There must be a way to dump an email address and create a new primary one. For example: I was janesmith@icloud.com and now I am janedoe@icloud.com. Its hard to believe from everything I am reading that Apple does not have a solution for this.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:47 AM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2015 12:13 PM in response to CarolynnP

In order to change your icloud email you have to make a alia. To make a alia go to icloud.com and sign in. Once your signed in click on mail. You should see a gear icon on the bottom left side of your screen. click the gear icon and click preferences. Click on the accounts and click on add an alias. Now fill out the information and add your new icloud email you want. once your done go onto the composing heading and you can set your new icloud email as your default email. You can also un check your old icloud email.

I hope this answered your question

How do you change/delete @icloud email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.