Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2 Radio Airplay

Hello community and welcome to the ones interested in airplay

first time posting here, which is also more a comment than a question.

I was actually pretty happy to hear that iTunes would be getting a new radio stream and I imagined it to be pretty visual appealing. The old ones are more a list of stations and for me sometimes hard to find the right tune.

Well for starters I found out that installing iTunes on my iMac was only possible through the terminal since there is or was a looping error which caused the app store updates to stop working. (My macbook had no such problem)

The second annoyance was that only one stream would actually start playing music. The others seem to be not available or at least wouldn't connect.

But the real problem in my opinion is, that although I was under the impression that apple products would be designed to connect with each other, the new iTunes radio can't even play over airplay. Airplay already seemed to be a bit useless, when streaming any kind of video source was either not possible or delayed. But now I feel kind of silly to even have bought the airport express.

I was under the impression airplay would be a great thing so that you wouldn't have to give up your internal speakers or risk breaking the plug while switching from the stereo to the internal speakers. (There are actual posts about this dilemma)

I would like to hear thoughts from the community about what airplay is for and how to use it.

Cheers

ThePony 😉

ℹ PS: not a native english speaker 😊

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), iTunes Radio Airplay

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:35 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes 12.2 Radio Airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.