Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 2007 mac mini that I would like to sell. I'm trying to figure out how to safely clear out my files, itunes library, photos, etc so I can prep it to sell. I do not have the start up disc for it any longer and it has MAC OS X 10.5.8 on it.

I have a 2007 mac mini that I would like to sell. I'm trying to figure out how to safely clear out my files, itunes library, photos, etc so I can prep it to sell. I do not have the start up disc for it any longer and it has MAC OS X 10.5.8 on it.

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 12:49 PM

4 replies

Jul 6, 2015 12:59 PM in response to AmberGCSmith

Do you have the install disks for 10.4, the OSX version that cam with the Mac?

If so boot to the install disk and format the startup disk and install the OS but do not enter any isetup info

If not then purchase the 10.6 install disk,

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

and boot to it and either:

- install 10.6 but shutdown before you enter any setup information. Let the buyer do that

- Shutdown after format and let buyer install the OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.