Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wakeup problem since 10.10.4 update Mac mini 2012

Tried several things (SMC reset, PRAM zap, recovery install), nothing works.

After updating my Mac Mini 2012 from 10.10.3 to 10.10.4 (including the bootrom update to MM61.0106.B08) I have a problem getting my machine from sleep.

Only after using the power button for a second my screen awakens.

But my mouse and keyboard (both from Apple) are unresponsive. After switching the keyboard cable from one to another USB port it gets responsive.

Unfortunately there's no way to downgrade to 10.10.3....

It seems my monitor gets a signal but before awakening it is getting in sleepmode again (it's connected using the HDMI port).

Somebody who can help me out?

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:22 AM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2015 11:56 AM in response to SpooterW

Same here - It seems that Apple combined the 10.10.4 Update with a (hidden) Firmware Update... and that is what causes the freeze of USB after a longer sleep.

I realized that after reverting to my 10.10.3 BackUp and the problem remained. So it's useless to "downgrade" as you can't do that with the firmware...

The only thing we can do is to hope many people complain and Apple fixes the firmware....

Raoul

wakeup problem since 10.10.4 update Mac mini 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.