Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2 cannot open **HELP***

I updated to iTunes 12.2 on 1st July, and when I open it I get a box that says 'Use iCloud Music Library' yada yada, Not now or Use are the two options

HOWEVER

I cannot click either. Doesn't work. So I cant open up iTunes AARRGGGGG!!!! I have reinstalled, but still cannot actually click ANYTHING so my iTunes won't open...

I have uplaoded a picture below.

Thanks

Dan

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:22 AM

4 replies

Jul 13, 2015 9:42 PM in response to Dan Westley

Hi Dan,

I have similar situation with you.

My clue is iTunes is downloading apps at the background.

Why I say this? When I have the above dialog open, and I wanted to shutdown MacBook, another prompt saying that iTunes is downloading apps, to ask me whether continue on the shutdown.

So, I guess iTunes is sync the apps from what's in the iCloud.

If this is the case, then wait for the sync to finish and see if the screen could be clicked.

I do not have much time to test again after shutdown today.

Just posted here, so that everyone who has the similar situation could have a reference.

Aug 2, 2015 6:26 PM in response to Dan Westley

Ok... Finally I got this solved.

First, I removed existing iTunes (12.2).

Then I moved iTunes Music Library.xml, iTunes Library.itl (under Music\iTunes folder) to Desktop.

Then, I install old version of iTunes, 11.4.

Launch iTunes. It will prompt various of system error messages.

Then I reimport iTunes Music Library.xml.

Then, update to latest iTunes.

It can launch as normal.

Hope this help.

Aug 4, 2015 6:29 PM in response to Elizbeth

Hi,

I got the steps to uninstall iTunes, from Since updating OS to 10.10.4 and Itunes to 12.2 cannot open Itunes correctly - get only menu bar across top and nothing I do opens normal Itunes screen

The steps are as below:

1. First, back up all data.
  2. Select the iTunes icon in the Applications folder and open the Info window. Click the padlock icon in the lower right corner to unlock the settings.
  3. In the Sharing & Permissions section, change the Privilege setting for each Name in the list to Read & Write. Close the window. If the settings aren't visible, click the disclosure triangle on the left so that it points down.
  4. You should now be able to drag the iTunes application to the Trash and empty. Your iTunes data won't be affected.

After that, go for iTunes 11 download at here Apple - Support - Downloads

Hope this help.

iTunes 12.2 cannot open **HELP***

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.