Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app not keeping place in shuffled playlist.

Back before iOS 8.3, you used to be able to completely close the music app without losing your place in your shuffled playlist. The issue I've been having started with one of the 8.3 update to the music app where the app would not keep my place in my shuffled playlist if the app was closed completely, the solution to this was to just keep the music app opened in the background. Now with the new 8.4 update this no longer works and everyday I lose my place in my shuffled playlist of 150+ songs even if I keep the app opened in the background. This is extremely irritating because I have to reshuffle the entire playlist and some of the same songs end up repeating which is annoying. I also find it irritating that the app no longer tells you what number song you are on out of however many are in the playlist, but it's not as bad as having to reshuffle. I just want to be able to listen to my music without losing my place in my playlist.

I'm using an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:48 AM

1 reply

Music app not keeping place in shuffled playlist.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.