Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages and texts won't delete on iPhone 5s

i have an iPhone 5, that I updated to iOS 8.3. When I did that I could no longer delete any iMessages or text messages. If I told it to delete then the messages would lock up until I restarated the phone. Once I restarted it they would show back up. I downloaded iOS 8.4 hoping that would help and it has not. I have tried to do a reset but when I do nothing changes on the phone. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thank you

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:43 AM

2 replies

Jul 8, 2015 8:35 AM in response to sprouse907

Hi sprouse907,

So my understanding here is that you are unable to delete Messages and texts from your iPhone, you have tried restarting the phone and resetting it, but no improvement, is that correct?

It sounds as if you have already done much of the troubleshooting I would normally do. At this point the next step would be to erase the iPhone and set it up as a new device. See this article for how to do it -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely,

Brett L

Jul 9, 2015 5:27 PM in response to sprouse907

I had the same problem and read every forum and tried everything that was suggested. Nothing worked. So I decided to try something on my own.

Delete each message one at a time and wait at least 10-15 before you delete the next one. Apparently trying to do everything at once is what was freezing up the phone and causing the messages to come back. Good luck!

iMessages and texts won't delete on iPhone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.