Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add photos from Photoshop to iPhoto?

I have many photos filed in Photoshop as well as many in iPhoto.

I would like to file some groups of photos currently in Photoshop into albums in iPhoto, but can't figure out transferring from Photoshop to the iPhoto group. Would file a copy so still available to work in Photoshop.

I have read that these apps, from different companies, do not "play well together." Is it even possible to do this? And if so, how?

Thanks for any instruction/advice.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OSX Yosemite

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:33 AM

6 replies

Jul 7, 2015 12:41 AM in response to artemesiapaints

1. You have no photographs "filed in Photoshop". Photoshop has no such capability. DO you mean they are in folders in the Finder?

2. To add images to iPhoto is simple: File -> Add to Library, or Drag and Drop to the iPhoto Window or the iPhoto icon on the Dock

3. You can use Photoshop with iPhoto:

You can set Photoshop (or any image editor) as an external editor in iPhoto. (Preferences -> General -> Edit Photo: Choose from the Drop Down Menu.) This way, when you double click a pic to edit in iPhoto it will open automatically in Photoshop or your Image Editor, and when you save it it's sent back to iPhoto automatically. This is the only way that edits made in another application will be displayed in iPhoto.

Jul 8, 2015 7:30 AM in response to Yer_Man

Hmmm. I can retrieve photos edited in Photoshop via Bridge -- that's what I meant by "filed." I can usually find them in Finder, but sometimes not -- don't know why. Some I search by the title I've given it. Some have no title but an ID. Seems random that Finder doesn't find I have to go through reams of files -- quite time consuming.

That's why I hoped to be able to download directly, I guess from Bridge. Will try moving to iPhone in Dock.

Add photos from Photoshop to iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.