Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my iTunes Radio Stations?

Where are my iTunes Radio Stations? I used to have them on my iPhone right after I updated to the newer version of iTunes, but now they're gone.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 12:40 PM

49 replies

Jun 29, 2017 12:28 PM in response to frisco boy

(On desktop) I don't see Recently Played, or any way at all to get to "my" radio stations. I guess they're not mine, nor are they stations. They're just ad-hoc temporary song focusers. This is ridiculous. If you look in the list tab you can see the SONGS played but the radio station is now a cropped piece of text saying "Played from <blah> Radio on <mac.....". (Just like Microsoft UI in terms of care...) Hello Apple, maybe you need to get out of this biz and leave it up to professionals?

Jul 9, 2015 6:36 AM in response to Brett L

The question was about the iTunes Radio Stations, not Apple Music. After the iOS update to 8.4, the stations created in iTunes Radio are gone, as well as if you update to iTunes 12.2. I managed to revert my iTunes to 12.1 and they are back (see attached picture). You can start a new station from a song, and you can see "recently played" stations, but it's not what it used to be.

It seems that Apple has let iTunes Radio in it's previous form disappear, and now is just a watered-down version of what it used to be, obviously in a bid to persuade users to move to the the more customizable but also more expensive Apple Radio.

Extra disappointing because iTunes Radio without ads was part of the iTunes Match subscription, so by reducing the functionality of iTunes Radio, I don't feel like I'm getting what I paid for anymore.

User uploaded file

Jul 10, 2015 10:05 AM in response to deggie

deggie : Do you see stations you've created? I don't.

On a side note, you can create a station from a song in your library (basically starting over) by clicking on the three ellipses next to the song or album. Unfortunately it's only worked for 1 of 4 artists I've tried. Doesn't work at all with any of the background music I listen to at work. It just goes to a blank play screen and does nothing. So not only is iTunes Music replaced with Beats, it's broken.

Jul 10, 2015 10:06 AM in response to deggie

Really? For me, it disappeared, and I only had "Recently Played" and it defaulted the names back to whatever the original seed song was. I also have no "My Stations" on my iOS devices anymore, just "Recently Played" and "Featured."

I will upgrade iTunes on a lesser-used machine when I get a chance and will see if something has changed (perhaps this tab is generated in a way it can be updated without updating iTunes).

Jul 12, 2015 9:59 PM in response to romance fan

I'd like to chime in as well about loosing my beloved radio stations. But it gets worse. I used to switch stations using Serri but she can't find them so I have to pull over and go through my history. Great way to cause accidents Apple. This is the same crap they pulled in the 90s. Maybe Apple can't survive without Jobs. Android anyone?

Jul 13, 2015 10:38 AM in response to frisco boy

Unfortunately, it only shows stations that have been played recently. Some of my stations tailed off and don't show. Also, it defaults them back to being named whatever you seeded the radio station with, not what you customized the name to be. You also still can't edit the station to add artists and songs you'd like to hear more of or less of, and that slider that let you change from more hits to more discovery.

Attached below you'll see these options I am talking about. In this particular case, it's now called "First Suite in E-Flat" and not "Instrumentals." I still haven't had a chance to update iTunes on my spare laptop so I can show a proper comparison, but I think anybody who used these options before Apple Music and 12.2 probably knows what I'm getting at. Since it's all still there using 12.1, hopefully it's something that will return in a future update of iTunes.

User uploaded file

Jul 21, 2015 7:10 PM in response to paulmanac

Thanks so much for accurately describing this situation. I had about ten well-tailored radio stations I had spent weeks developing, then with the new update, they all disappeared. Having paid a fee for iTunes Match, I feel Apple has breached their trust with me, as well as with everyone else who purchased the iTunes Match service. It seems to be a thinly veiled ploy to get me to purchase Apple Music. Simple fact: I did not need Apple Music when iTunes Match was what I paid for. I'm certainly NOT going to purchase it now; the marketplace is large and Apple is losing my business.

Where are my iTunes Radio Stations?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.