Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server Hard drive crashed

Hello,

I had a Raid 6 connected to my Mac Mini and I was using it as a Server for a small business. Unfortunately my raid system failed and had to get my data recovered. I just got word that they were able to recover everything. (thank goodness)

My only concern is will it work if I just plug the new hard drive into the Mac Mini?

Will all the network user profiles open when the users log in at their computers or is there something that I have to do?

Mac mini

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:27 AM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2015 1:20 PM in response to DavieWithAnE

The answer depends greatly on what what was recovered and how that data is being returned to you — if the folks have fully recovered the original disks in their original organization, then you can likely connect and use what was provided. This can happen when the disks are fine and the RAID box itself failed, or when one disk in the RAID-6 fails and the controller goes into degraded operations. If the folks recovered something else, or dumped files onto a disk, then you're going to have some more work ahead of you.

FWIW, I'm presently working with Promise Pegasus RAID arrays via Thunderbolt at various locations. They've worked well.

Server Hard drive crashed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.