Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Photos automatically store photos from photo stream

I don't want to store photos in the iCloud Library. I prefer to store the full size originals on my MAC and use Photostream until I import the photos onto my main computer. Does PHOTOS automatically store photos from photo stream or do I have to manually import them from photo stream. and if imported from photo stream, are they full size?

iMac

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 12:12 PM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2015 8:58 AM in response to andyfromgeneva

Greetings Andy,

You have some great questions about Photo Stream.

Does PHOTOS automatically store photos from photo stream or do I have to manually import them from photo stream?

By default, photos are uploaded to Photo Stream automatically as long as your computer or iOS device is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet. If using an iOS device you must leave the Camera app first.

if imported from photo stream, are they full size?

If you download to a computer the photos are delivered in full resolution. If to an iOS device they are device optimized in order to speed up downloads and save storage space.

These and other answers can be found in this article -

My Photo Stream FAQ - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

Does Photos automatically store photos from photo stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.