Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since downloading 12.2, my playlists and music have disappeared...how can I get the back? Any help would be appreciated

Since downloading 12.2, my playlists and music have disappeared...how can I get the back? Any help would be appreciated

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:43 AM

5 replies

Jul 6, 2015 12:49 PM in response to brittafrombochum

Depending on how you did this you may not have got the entire library and its playlists uploaded to your iCloud Music Library, in which case there may be bits that aren't available to your device. A starting point before such an adventure should have been a complete backup of your library so that you could have rewound if things didn't work as expected.

tt2

Jul 7, 2015 7:55 AM in response to parrai

Ok...

I hadn't synced my iPhone 5s with the new download so nothing was lost from my iPhone playlists

The fix was pretty easy. Go to your iTunes folder in Windows.

Go to Previous Libraries within the iTunes folder, then go to the date that you downloaded the new iTunes 12.2 update.

Drag that library to the main iTunes folder and rename it 'iTunes Library'

Rename the current library, something else other than iTunes Library.

Everything was then as it was before the update, library, playlists etc.

Thanks for all your help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.