Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't unlove a song

I clicked the heart to love a song that was playing as part of a "For You" playlist, and now I can't "unlove" it. I can love and unlove other songs, in my music, but this one always shows the heart highlighted no matter how many times I click it.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:58 AM

13 replies

Jul 15, 2015 1:38 AM in response to blaix

Hey, I just stumbled across a fix for this. It's certainly not ideal, and they need to fix it, but it might do for some people for now.

I originally loved about 12 songs when viewing a particular album. After that, I was looking at the songs in the My Music area and I could not unlove them. I could love and unlove other songs on that page, but I couldn't unlove those 12.

To get them unloved, I went BACK to the album view and unloved them all there. Then, I went back to the My Music area and unloved them again, and they were successfully unloved.

To be clear, the album page I'm referring to is the one you see when you're playing a song and click the ... then click "Go to Album".

Dec 20, 2015 2:07 PM in response to Zyhon

Thanks Zyhon,

I spent about 3 hours, unhearting songs in Apple Music so I could toggle the heart in iTunes. I don't get it. When did Apple lose the concept of seamlessness = elegance = usability?

This should be a no-brainer. If you have a subscription to Apple Music, then when you declare your love for a track/album/artist, then you should see it reflected in Apple Music. The reverse is true, close to when I love something on my AppleTV, iPad, or iPhone, then that should be reflected the next time I open iTunes, or better via the next asynchronous sync with the cloud.

This especially should apply to tracks that have been added to the iCloud Music Library.

F**king ridiculous!

Jul 13, 2016 5:29 AM in response to blaix

Had about 10 sond that were showing up as loved in iTuned - was able to manually unlove all but two & nothing seems to work to change these two songs.

Neither is in a smart playlist (or any other playlist) & neither is currently on my phone. When I manually add to my phone to see if I can unlove them there, they don't show up as being loved on my phone. I don't have Apple music, so no way to unlove them there either.

Very frustrating.

Can't unlove a song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.