Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I select music manually to transfer to my iPhone?

I know the basics, connecting my phone, pressing sync, ta-da! Although, recently, I haven't been able to manually select what albums/songs I'd like to sync. Everytime I connect my phone to sync, and click the music tab, I only see "iTunes match is on", and I don't even have iTunes match. 😕

here's what it looks like. I used to see a long list of artist and albums to check, if I wanted them to sync. Now I don't even have the option to see that panel anymore. What's up?

User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 12:10 PM

9 replies

Jul 6, 2015 4:19 PM in response to JGoliva

JGoliva wrote:

I know the basics, connecting my phone, pressing sync, ta-da! Although, recently, I haven't been able to manually select what albums/songs I'd like to sync. Everytime I connect my phone to sync, and click the music tab, I only see "iTunes match is on", and I don't even have iTunes match. 😕

Apparently you do have iTunes Match.

With iTunes Match, you don’t sync music using iTunes.

It is all available in the Music app.

See this -> iTunes Match on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jul 6, 2015 4:22 PM in response to JGoliva

😕here's what it looks like. I used to see a long list of artist and albums to check, if I wanted them to sync. Now I don't even have the option to see that panel anymore. What's up?

User uploaded file

(If you did not have iTunes Match turned on)

Since you have the iPhone selected, you would see only what is on the iPhone, not what is in iTunes.

To see what is in iTunes, above Goliva’s iPhone in the photo above, click on the double note to see what is in your iTunes library.

Then you can drag songs to the iPhone.

However, this only works with iTunes Match turned off.

How do I select music manually to transfer to my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.