Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages Document - Text Is Automatically Deleting

Hi. My wife has been working on our Mac Mini (2013) in the latest version of Pages. Also, latest version of Yosemite. Bluetooth Apple keyboard and bluetooth Apple mouse. Today while typing a document the cursor began deleting text on her document with her doing nothing. It was moving backwards and deleting each character in each line of text. Finally it stopped as she was frantically hitting the esc and delete keys trying to stop it. I know this sounds very strange but I actually witnessed it. Losing lots of text that was just entered is very frustrating. She has not experienced it in any other apps.

Thanks for any input/ideas.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 12:20 PM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2015 1:32 PM in response to John22

Fresh batteries in both bluetooth devices. This sounds like a backspace action that the keyboard was responding too, but cached the backspaces. When it woke up, it dutifully performed all of those backspaces it had stored. Pages v5.5.3 is a poor excuse for a word processor, but in my experience, Rod Serling's ghost is not automatically deleting characters on its own.

Pages Document - Text Is Automatically Deleting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.