Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 27 in imac and a canon eos 100d . The EOS Utility has stuck with the utility open, I am unable to download any pics.Any suggestions on how to close and get it back working.

I have accidentally managed to lock my canon eos utility (open )

Cannot now download any pics nor close or quit from the utility.

How do I get rid of the open app ?.

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 12:58 PM

Simple, don't use the utility. It likely is not compatible with the version of OS X installed. Please begin using Image Capture which is already pre-installed on your computer. If you are connect the camera directly to the computer to upload your photos, I would also recommend against doing that and using a card reader.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2015 12:58 PM in response to wally2014

Simple, don't use the utility. It likely is not compatible with the version of OS X installed. Please begin using Image Capture which is already pre-installed on your computer. If you are connect the camera directly to the computer to upload your photos, I would also recommend against doing that and using a card reader.

Jul 6, 2015 1:23 PM in response to wally2014

It sounds like you are stuck in a program and cannot exit/close it? For this issue, I would suggest "Force Quitting" the program.

1. Hold down the keys "Command", "Alt/Option", "Escape"
  2. A small window will pop up
  3. Disk Utility will show up as one of the programs open
  4. Click on disk utility and click "force quit"

Now it should close that program automatically.

As far as your canon goes, do you insert the memory card into the memory slot in the back of your mac? When I do that with my Canon's memory card "Photos" automatically opens up and gives me the option to import photos. I also have Aperture 3 installed so that pops up as well.

If you want to do this manually:

Just click on the image of your memory card that pops up on your desktop and open the folder titled "DCIM"? and then find the folder you want to drag and drop images from.

I have a 27 in imac and a canon eos 100d . The EOS Utility has stuck with the utility open, I am unable to download any pics.Any suggestions on how to close and get it back working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.