Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I buy an Iphone to a guy and him or purpose put his apple id and i cant access to the phone now the guy don't answer the phone. why can I do?

I buy an Iphone to a guy and him or purpose put his apple id and i cant access to the phone now the guy don't answer the phone. why can I do?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 1:08 PM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2015 2:18 PM in response to Janer Rodz

Only the iphone owner could logout of iCloud. You cannot restore the phone as a new device unless iCloud is sign out. Your best bet is try to reach the person and if he or she is a legit owner can help you. Otherwise you are out of luck. The phone is probably stolen. There isn't much the police can do to help. You can sell the phone on CL for parts only but you must tell the buyer the device is iCloud locked. Becareful buying second hand phone. Always check for activation lock by asking the seller for IMEI number and use Google to locate Apple's website to check for activation status before hand. Test the device before walking away.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.