Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why I am unable to install the latest version of iTunes on my laptop running Windows 8.1?

I tried multiple times to download iTunes (latest version) (64 - bit) on my Windows 8.1. It says this version is incompatible with Windows. Also i saw on Apple's website that there's something called iTunes 64 bit installer. What's that? Any help?

Windows 8, Windows 8.1

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 1:09 PM

Apple's website should provide the correct installer version for your system. If not, you can use these direct links:

In your case, you should use the second one, unless you get a message during video incompatibility during installation, or subsequently encounter issues with playback quality or integration with 3rd party applications - in these cases the "for older video cards" installer may be more appropriate.

One other point - you are using standard Windows 8.1, and not Windows RT as found on the Surface and Surface 2?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2015 1:09 PM in response to alexutd

Apple's website should provide the correct installer version for your system. If not, you can use these direct links:

In your case, you should use the second one, unless you get a message during video incompatibility during installation, or subsequently encounter issues with playback quality or integration with 3rd party applications - in these cases the "for older video cards" installer may be more appropriate.

One other point - you are using standard Windows 8.1, and not Windows RT as found on the Surface and Surface 2?

Jul 6, 2015 2:34 PM in response to hhgttg27

Hi, sorry for bothering again. It finished downloading and I found out that was the same version i had previously downloaded. I also received 'To find a version for your PC, check with the software published.'.

I also saw this on the link to download it '

64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 require the iTunes 64-bit installer' What's that installer?

Why I am unable to install the latest version of iTunes on my laptop running Windows 8.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.