Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get iPod touch to stop crashing ?!?!

So I have a 5th generation iPod touch. Ever since I updated to iOS 8.4 my iPod has been non stop crashing. It doesn't matter what I'm doing on it. It crashes non stop. Like maybe 5 to 10 min of not messing up before boom. Another crash.

I don't even have to be using it for it to crash. As long as it turns on it crashes.

I need help!!! Does anyone know how to fix this?

Please.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 1:19 PM

3 replies

Jul 6, 2015 1:21 PM in response to Quentin BL!TZ

Have you tried any troubleshooting?

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds).

Restore: Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory

Jul 7, 2015 2:00 AM in response to Quentin BL!TZ

If the reset did not work then:

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

How can I get iPod touch to stop crashing ?!?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.