Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retrieve my mailboxes from time machine back up

As a last resort to fix problems with my Mac, I had to wipe the hard drive and start new.

The Apple tech I met suggested I re-install files & apps manually from my Time Machine back up external drive instead of doing a full "Restore from Time Machine backup". To do it this way, would prevent from re-istalling some bugs or problems.

The problem I have is that I have not been able to retrieve the mailboxes On My Mac in Mail and I don't know where to find them on my back up.

When I look at my mail app - I only see a few email in my in box & sent box - also a couple of iCloud mailboxes. How do I get my mail exactly the way it was before I wiped my hard drive including about 20 different mailboxes

Need help 🙂

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 12:57 PM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2015 1:09 PM in response to kilbranish

Please visit Pondini's Time Machine FAQ for help with restoring individual files and folders. All Mail related data are stored in the /Home/Library/Mail/ folder, so you need to restore that entire folder. You must use Time Machine application for this.

If you open Mail and then go to the Help menu and select Mail Help, you can also search there for restoring Mail data.

How do I retrieve my mailboxes from time machine back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.