Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the app store say my machine cannot be verified?

When I try to log into the app store from a particular machine in my home, I get an error message saying that my machine cannot be verified and to contact support. There is no problem with my apple id as it works fine from other devices.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 1:51 PM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 1:26 PM in response to Scrabit

Back up all data before proceeding.

Step 1

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and test.

If there's no change, repeat with this file:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.network.eapolclient.configuration.plist

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Log out, log back in, and test. If there's no improvement, continue.

Step 2

Reset your computer’s PRAM.

Why does the app store say my machine cannot be verified?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.