Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frozen Dialog Box Apple Music!

I did a syn with my computer and my I pad. Now I can not access my song playlist. I keep getting a My Music sign in diaglog box that continues to ask for my Apple ID and Password. I can not cancel this dialog box even when I click the cancel box. I can see my playlist below this dialog box, however, I can not access it because of the over riding Dialog box. please help. Thank you. I am syn'd to a laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium.

iPad, iOS 6, 3rd Generation

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 2:39 PM

Close the Music app on the iPad and then force restart the device.

Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the app you want to close. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

To force restart the device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2015 2:39 PM in response to Professional Engineer

Close the Music app on the iPad and then force restart the device.

Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the app you want to close. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

To force restart the device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Jul 6, 2015 6:46 PM in response to Professional Engineer

I believe you misunderstood Demo's instructions, they are two steps used to unfreeze the app.

Double click the home button, then swipe the Music app closed. See screenshot below.

Next the forced restart. Press and hold both the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears. When it appears release both button. Wait until your iPad starts on it's own. Don't double click at this point.

Try doing the forced restart again.

User uploaded file

Frozen Dialog Box Apple Music!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.