Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers to Document

I use the latest numbers spreadsheet. Can I create documents that use data from a spreadsheet?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 1:15 PM

6 replies

Jul 6, 2015 10:15 PM in response to danebroker

Hi danebroker,

I want to second Wayne here. Because each sheet in a Numbers document is a canvas you can arrange it in all manner of ways. You can put your letterhead at the top, introductory text in a text box and a table that pulls the relevant data from the rest of your tables. I have an invoice page where I choose a client and all their info self populates into the table. I have a single cell table with TODAY() in it so I don't even have to date the thing.

quinn

Jul 7, 2015 8:33 AM in response to danebroker

danebroker wrote:

pull data from my numbers spreadsheet to pages to create a document that can be sent to a Title Company to show how the commission can be dispersed.

If you already have a Pages document all set up the way you and the client want, and you want to insert values from Numbers into it, then one possibility is to use AppleScript to pull the values from Numbers and replace "placeholder text" in Pages. For the Pages side of things see this site. For the Numbers side, more specifics would be needed on how your Numbers document is organized.

SG

Numbers to Document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.