Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 not switching on charger issues PLEASE URGENT HELP NEEEDED

my iphone 5 ran out of charge and i didnt have charger to charge it so i left it a couple of days and waited until i got new charger, when i got it my phone wouldnt charge at all it was a blank screen doesnt even switch on . whats happened to it? whats broke? how much will it cost im from the uk

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 1:33 PM

6 replies

Jul 6, 2015 1:40 PM in response to Khan66763319

It can take a while to charge the battery enough for the phone to start if the battery is completely depleted;

Try:

1. Charge with AC adaptor for at least 45 minutes

2. Reset phone: press both the home and lock buttons for up to 1 minute, releasing as soon as the Apple logo appears

3. If still no response, there is hardware damage, possibly a bad battery, that needs evaluation by Apple.

Jul 8, 2015 11:29 AM in response to Khan66763319

While it is still plugged in, hold down the home & power buttons simultaneously for at least 30 seconds. Have you checked your charging port for lint and gunk that may be packed in, preventing a connection? You can't even see it sometimes. Take a wooden toothpick and drag it gently in the charging port, then try it all again. If all this fails, take it to the Genius Bar for an evaluation (make an appointment first).

iphone 5 not switching on charger issues PLEASE URGENT HELP NEEEDED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.