Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My images are appearing black. I tried importing 268 photos for a timelapse, and about 1/4 are black.

My images are appearing black. I tried importing 268 photos for a timelapse, and about 1/4 are black. The original source files are not black and are perfectly good photos, but when bring them into Final Cut, only about 3/4 appear as they should. It is random throughout the 268 images. This really ruins the timelapse as you can imagine.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 12:59 PM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2015 3:47 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

There is a forum for time-lapse folks. I don't visit it anymore, I don't have it bookmarked. Something like "timescapes". Many of the participants were using FCPX but most would use After Effects for processing still images into movies before heading to FCPX. AE offers many exposure smoothing and other enhancements for less than perfect still sequences.

My images are appearing black. I tried importing 268 photos for a timelapse, and about 1/4 are black.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.