Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I view all songs from an artist on iOS music app?

In 8.3, when you selected an artist, you could look at all the songs and play them from there. Now it seems that you have to look at 1 album at a time. Is there any way to look at all the songs of an artist in 1 list and then just shuffle them?

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 2:56 PM

5 replies

Jul 6, 2015 2:59 PM in response to rileywilson37

Open the music app, under the Recently Added, you can find a title that you can change. Set it to Artists. You will see an alphabetical list of artists. Then tap on the one artist and their list of songs or if you have multiple albums, their list of albums and songs will appear. Click on one, when it starts, tap on the bar just above the status bar on the bottom where you see the title of the song. From there, you will see the individual song full screen. At the bottom of the screen you will see the shuffle button.

Jul 6, 2015 4:51 PM in response to rileywilson37

Updated just recently to latest 8.4.

Selected Music. Mine was stuck on the Apple Music screen and would not do ANYTHING. I restarted my iPod Touch. Now it functions.

At the top of the listing, below RECENTLY ADDED, in red, is the word that indicates how the music is arranged.

Touched that word, I was presented with all the various ways to choose what I would hear - artist, album, song, genre, composer, compilations.

Selected the one I wanted, Artists.

Selected ABBA.

All of the ABBA music would not play, only one song would play. Not shuffling.

++++ Idea: Maybe I need a Playlist for that artist ++++

Selected Playlist and then New.

Typed ABBA.

Added songs the new playlist.

It appears that shuffle is automatically selected for a playlist.

Jul 6, 2015 9:38 PM in response to rileywilson37

I'll tell you something that I discovered after reading your response, and then going through my entire iTunes library. If you have an artist that has more than 2 albums, you will not see the option to shuffle all of that artists songs. I have multiple artists, and multiple albums in my iTunes library. If the artist has 1 or two albums and you select that artist, then both albums are displayed with the entire song list of both albums. If the artist has 3 or more albums, then just the individual albums are listed and you have to choose a single album to begin and then can choose shuffle. However, as you reported, that will only shuffle that particular album.

So, from what I can tell, you can only shuffle an artists entire song list if you have only 2 albums or less for that artist. If you have more, you would have to create a playlist based on the particular artist, and then you would have the option to shuffle the playlist. I know that probably is not what you wanted to hear, but I was desperate to understand why I saw shuffle in one spot but not the other.

Where can I view all songs from an artist on iOS music app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.