Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird screen issue

My screen has quit on me but if my phone is dead and you push the lock button it shows the indicator saying to plug in the phone. After plugged in, when the phone has enough power to come on the screen is just black but you can slightly see that the backlight is going. I know I need to get a new phone but my issue is I want to backup because my last isn't really that recent. I would think that finger print ID would unlock my phone so I could back up but it isn't. Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 1:31 PM

8 replies

Jul 6, 2015 3:06 PM in response to modular747

I think that it may actually work but I just remembered that after the phone has been off a password is required to be typed in the first time. I have AppleCare plus so I'll just be getting a new one but I was hoping to get a more recent backup before hand.

In reply to Paul it has failed in a way but it still functions as normal when the battery is dead (shows icon saying to plug in), very strange issue. If the thing would work for just a few seconds when connected to my MacBook I'd unlock it and be good to go.

Weird screen issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.