Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Life?

2011 MBP

NEW OWC battery and solid state drive.

Cycle count = 23.

Battery drains quickly. After 1 hour, 40% battery is drained.

Should last 4-5 hours, lucky to last 3.....any ideas on how to improve the battery life?

My MBP is a beast and LOVE it.....battery life stinks.....

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), Mail

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 1:53 PM

8 replies

Jul 6, 2015 3:33 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

Thank you Barry.

part of my research, was scouring the net only to reveal that in some cease, the 2011 MBP was finicky when it came to battery life, but no definitive explanation could be found.

Yes, I could have and probably should have phrased my question differently, so I did I not get the "did you check the reference material" response.

Albeit you PASS said reference material to make a post.

The battery was installed correctly, I will seek advice from OWC.

Jul 6, 2015 3:38 PM in response to joefromwantage

joefromwantage wrote:

I appreciate your help, but I am not 12.

That is good to know because the Terms of Use for these forums requires one to be 13 years or older. Note this excerpt:

User uploaded file

I have researched the reference material

Then you know that battery run time is a function of the number and type of applications in use, criteria you have not mentioned.

Have you reset the SMC and the NVRAM? If not consider doing so:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

These resets may or may not have a positive affect on battery performance.

Perhaps you might post the following from your MBP as found in System Information>Power.

This may offer a clue to the sub-par performance you are experiencing and then it may not.

(It would be very helpful if you made certain that the charger were connected when you do so.)

User uploaded file

Ciao.

Battery Life?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.