Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Videos" bug on iOS 8.4 (and suggestions)

Hi, I just upgraded my iPad Mini 2 from iOS 8.3 to 8.4.

When I'm playing a .m4v/h.264/aac video (using the "Videos" native app) and then I click on "Done" on left top of screen, I hear a very annoying audio crack (it's like the audio not being smoothly stopped). I'm absolutely sure this bug was not on iOS 8.3. It's very very annoying.

And I want to ask Apple to please add some improvements to the "Videos" app:

1) I remember in my old iPhone 4 using iOS 4.3 that I didn't have to click on "Done" (and fully stop the video) to see the embedded/internal chapters list on the .m4v file. There was chapter navigation on the video window without needing to click on "Done" and stop the video. I don't know why this feature was dropped from the "Videos" app. I would like that Apple add a "Chapters" button to the "Videos" window (on bottom of screen, just on the right side of the ">>|" button) so a chapters list would be showed on the same window without needing to click on "Done".

2) On my old iPhone 4 using iOS 4.3, I could organize my music videos on albums, now I can't do it anymore on the "Videos" app (last time I checked, I could do it on the "Music" app but the videos would not play on full screen). Why the "Videos" app is worse now than it was back on iOS 4.3?

3) I hate that when a click on "|<<" or >>|" to jump to previous or next chapter while playing a .m4v file, the actual time position becomes a new chapter marker. I have embedded/internal chapters on the m4v files and I just want to navigate using them, I don't need that the "Videos" app create new chapter markers in addition to those that are already embedded inside the .m4v file. Apple could add an option to disable this feature on the iOS settings (the same on my Apple TV too).

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 3:39 PM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 8:38 AM in response to fbr$

I just deleted all videos storaged on the "Videos" app, then I uploaded a single .m4v video for testing, but the annoying "audio crack" bug (when I click on "Done") is still there.

Why every Apple OS update has to be a nightmare?

This is why both my Mac Mini and MacBook Air still use OS X Mavericks, I'm very afraid to update them to Yosemite.

"Videos" bug on iOS 8.4 (and suggestions)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.