Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes match is not on the cloud, all songs say either waiting or ineligible, and I have no idea what I'm doing!

So I am, admittedly, not very savvy with iTunes. I put all my music, purchased, ripped, or otherwise on my itunes library. I activated my iTunes match, have authorized all my devices on my account, clicked "update iCloud music library". Every song is in there with either the status of waiting, ineligible, or no status at all. I have no idea what to do from here because I am also, apparently, not very good at web searching for answers. Help

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 3:02 PM

4 replies

Jul 8, 2015 9:54 AM in response to ThalieR

Hi ThalieR,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that after enabling iTunes Match on your devices, you see some status icons such as Waiting or Ineligible. For information about the status icons, please read over the information located in the attached article below.

iTunes Match: Understanding the iCloud Status icons - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

Jul 8, 2015 1:13 PM in response to ThalieR

I'm in the same boat and I've been using iTunes Match since January, 2012 and I've never seen this before. And I though I had experience with all this and even I can't find a solution. I firmly believe that the advent of Apple Music and a host of people all of a sudden subscribing to iTunes Match has put the Apple servers in a distressed position. Sure I don't like it but I use trial and error to solve issues and I was able to upload two songs to my cloud on Sunday. This tells me the service is in tact but not responding properly. I still have eight songs that are in "Grey" status. I advice lots of patience and try back every other day or so. Also, try the most simple tasks to start with. Just a week ago, I could upload 10 songs without a problem so they irony of this happening for the first time in 3 1/2 years must be tied to the server activity.

Jul 8, 2015 2:12 PM in response to Brskiz

Thank you, Brskiz! I'm happy to know it's not something I'm doing wrong but seriously annoyed that I've paid for a service that doesn't work. I have no interest in the apple radio aspect of this service and simply want the system to do what it advertises and took my payment for. Very underwhelmed. I will be here all year waiting for the **** songs to upload when there are over 8k to go. Ugh.

itunes match is not on the cloud, all songs say either waiting or ineligible, and I have no idea what I'm doing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.