Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my iTunes library appear in the remote app?

I wanted to control my computer's library with my phone, so I went and enabled home sharing on my computer's iTunes. I've got this to work before (a while ago), so I knew what I was doing. However, once it was set up, my iTunes library wouldn't appear in my iPhone's remote app. I checked and confirmed that they were both logged in with the same Apple ID and that they were on the same network, yet my iTunes library still would not appear on my iPhone. I can control my Apple TV using my iPhone, but my computer just won't show up.

Using an iPhone 5c on iOS 8.4 and Windows 7 iTunes 12.2.0.145 64-bit

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 3:15 PM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2015 10:03 AM in response to Bmaster101

Hello Bmaster101,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are unable to use the Remote app on your iPhone to control iTunes on your computer. To troubleshoot this situation, I would recommend reading over and working through the suggested troubleshooting steps outlined in the attached article below.

Remote app for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can't connect to iTunes or Apple TV - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Why won't my iTunes library appear in the remote app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.