Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix not playing via AirPlay To Apple TV

ever since the latest ios update a few days ago Netflix on my iPhone and iPad will no longer play through my Apple TV via AirPlay. who do I complain to or how do I fix this. I've tried reinstalling and updating everything noting works it just comes up with unable to load content error. Netflix will play on my iPad without connecting to AirPlay and I can connect to AirPlay outside of Netflix app so something is going on here. Not happy as I don't have regular TV usually just watch stuff through my Netflix app on my Apple TV.

Apple TV, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 3:48 PM

14 replies

Jul 7, 2015 5:59 AM in response to vazandrew

it always worked before with the VPN and now it doesn't I only want it to work the way I used it before. It's of no use to me without working through AirPlay or the Vpn. Also I have just tried using the Netflix app on Apple TV and it having the same issue. I checked my Netflix account and everything is in order so should not be having problems.

Jul 7, 2015 8:38 AM in response to vazandrew

As I said I am able to stream through browser to AirPlay with no problem. I have tried through Netflix app on my iPad and I phone have tried through Ethernet connection I have made no changes to it since it worked a few days ago other than the lasted iOS software update The error message just says "An error occurred loading this content. try again later. " tried logging into different Netflix account also didn't work.

same error shows up on all devices except it will play on my iPad and iPhone when I'm not trying to AirPlay it

i also tweeted about this yesterday and 4 other people have commented saying they are having the same issue.

Jul 7, 2015 9:20 AM in response to HashtagUsername

Unfournately cannot provide support for anything relating to VPN. If it is still occurring when that is disabled then something within the network is causing issue, this can come up at any time

Make sure router is up to date, if it is more then a couple years old thay can also be a factor

Get a network report from istumbler, netstumbler or similar to see current status

Test on another network

Jul 7, 2015 10:53 AM in response to HashtagUsername

I never said it was the VPN, however you will not find support if you have it enabled. If it is persisting beyond that then yes this will be network related. Other things working does not rule that out, proper troubleshooting needs to occur.

There is no widespread issue, which would be the case if it was a bug with IOS or Apple TV. If your intent was simply to complain, this isn't the place for that.

Oct 15, 2015 4:02 PM in response to HashtagUsername

I have the same issue since installing the iOS 9 update (I was late to the party and only installed it yesterday with iOS 9.0.2). Ever since, Netflix airplay through the VPN stopped working. It always did before, as recently as yesterday before I updated. Everything else works fine, airplay without the VPN, the VPN itself (I can stream fine in the iPad's native app, just not through airplay).

I attempted the suggestion in this post to reset the app - that did nothing.

Netflix not playing via AirPlay To Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.