Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what have they done to the iPhone 6 music app?

Near the end of June 2015 an update, without forewarning, replaced the music app on my iphone 6 with a bewildering, unwanted new version of the music app. This new version insists on showing me 'recently added' items that I do not want to view. It insists on displaying space-wasting album artwork that I do not want to see. I can find no way to get a simple list of songs. I no longer have a volume slider. When I go into Music Settings, there are no options or controls to give me any control over what I'm seeing on screen. All I want is a SIMPLE MP3 PLAYER application....I do not want Apple taking over, or managing, how I view and interact with my music collection. I don't want to link to "Apple Music". I do not want my music floating in a Cloud. I don't want to be visually entertained by album cover artists and photographers. I just want to buy music online and play it with my iPhone. The new Music app is also a catastrophe when connected to my car stereo via USB....it's far too visually distracting, posing a lethal risk to anyone who tries to use it to listen to music in their vehicle. Is there an Apple iTunes app for iPhone that works just like iTunes on the PC?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, 64 GB ram

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 3:22 PM

1 reply

what have they done to the iPhone 6 music app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.