Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s Help

Good Day All,

I have been having a very weird issue with my iPhone 5s, and after multiple calls to Apple support and my carrier, replacing my phone and SIM card, and hard resets of my phone, apple support has led me here to maybe find an answer. Now to the issue at hand: my iPhone intermittently does not send or receive iMessages, Phone Calls, FaceTime, or regular texts. I will try to open up imessage and my message history will be erased and it automatically sends me to a new message box, but I am unable to assign a contact to the message or even send a message off using a direct number. The issue seems to happen every morning, where I don't receive texts or calls from my employer. I still do receive Voicemail. This is how I know my phone is not receiving the call, I will be looking at my phone and a voicemail will be received but no call beforehand. Also I will have people sending iMessages to me and my phone will not be receiving them. I double check by asking for screenshots of the other persons phone when my phone does work and in the screenshots the messages will be saying delivered underneath them but I never receive them. The only remedy to this problem seems to be either restarting my phone or resetting my network carrier settings or a combination of the two. I am now using a brand new phone and a brand new SIM card and have found that this problem has carried over to this phone. This is why I believe it is an apple ID issue. Whenever I investigate to see if my phone is having this problem I try to open imessage and facetime in settings but the phone will lag and it shows that i am not signed into my apple ID. I will then attempt to sign to my apple ID and the phone will be unable to, saying that it could not be activated and I should try again later. When my phone is not having this issue, my apple ID will be signed in. So in conclusion, What makes my apple ID sign out automatically and for what seems for no reason at all? This has been happening for a less than a week now on my new phone and has happened for a better part of 3 months on my older phone.

Thank you for your help,

Matt

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 2:33 PM

6 replies

Jul 6, 2015 3:02 PM in response to matt369258

If you are restoring the new phone from an old phone backup, it is possible there is an issue in the backup file, a corrupt file or whatever that is causing the issue with Messages. I suggest restoring the phone and new and not adding any additional content to the device. While still fresh, go into Messages and try to activate it. If it activates fine, send a test message or two and ask for a response. See what happens. The error seems to be in your Messages app, and since you are on a new device with a new SIM, I'm guessing it is some corruption in your backup.

Jul 6, 2015 3:14 PM in response to matt369258

First of all make sure that your carrier support iMessage or not. Contact your Carrier support team and verify any limiting condition on your for iMessage, blocks, or filters on text messages..If things don’t work, you’ll might need to reset your location settings, then the iPhone... it sounds more like me that it's an Apple verification issue on their servers? could you try reverifying apple id log in and send verification e-mail

Iphone 5s Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.