Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded to IOS 8.4 and now I have no cellular service. I am receiving cellular data to run apps but phone says no service and I would normally have 4 bars. I reset my phone to factory settings and restored from a back up and still no service.

I upgraded to IOS 8.4 and now I have no cellular service. I am receiving cellular data to run apps but phone says no service and I would normally have 4 bars. I reset my phone to factory settings and restored from a back up and still no service. I have also toggled my LTE, and Air Plane mode and nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 5:22 PM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2015 6:47 PM in response to DukeDiggity

I had this happen as well. It also happened during a previous update. What I discovered both times is that for some reason, the update makes my carrier (Verizon) treat the phone as though service is suspended. I called the Verizon customer service center and went through the automated prompts to easily restore service in about 10 minutes. If you're on Verizon, this might work for you as well.

I upgraded to IOS 8.4 and now I have no cellular service. I am receiving cellular data to run apps but phone says no service and I would normally have 4 bars. I reset my phone to factory settings and restored from a back up and still no service.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.