Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 5115

Hello,

Whenever I try to play a song from the new Apple Music on my iTunes for Windows, it gives me an error:

"We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occurred (5115)"

That's strange seeing as my mac iTunes Apple Music works fine and my iPhone too.

Anyone have an answer? Thanks

Windows 8, null

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 4:16 PM

2 replies

Jul 8, 2015 11:06 AM in response to Taolishao

Greetings Taolishao,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you are not able to connect to the iTunes store on a Windows PC. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Can't connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store for more than a day, a software or Internet service provider (ISP) configuration issue might be blocking your access. Find out which ports and servers need to be allowed for iTunes Store access, then try the steps below.

If there's still an issue after you try the steps above, contact your Internet service provider and confirm that these ports and servers are turned on for your network.

The hosts file might also be the cause of the issue. Learn how to reset the hosts file back to default and how to use a FixIt to have Windows reset the hosts defaults for you.
Some workplaces might put internal resources in the hosts file that block the iTunes Store. The FixIt doesn't work for Windows 8.

To create a copy of your hosts file and replace it with an empty hosts file, follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the hosts file at
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
  2. Select the hosts file. There should be a duplicate of the hosts file named "Copy of hosts" (Windows XP) or "hosts-copy" (Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8).
  3. Drag the original hosts file to your desktop.
  4. Right-click the duplicate file and choose Open. If you're prompted to choose the program you want to use to open the file, double-click Notepad.
  5. When Notepad opens, choose Edit > Select All.
  6. Choose Edit > Delete.
  7. Choose File > Save.
  8. Close Notepad.
  9. Right-click the duplicate file, and choose Rename from the pop-up menu.
  10. Type
    hosts
    , and then press Enter.
  11. Restart your computer.
  12. Try to connect to the iTunes Store.

If you still can't connect to the iTunes Store, your security software or firewall might be blocking the ability of iTunes to communicate with the Internet. Learn how to resolve security software issues.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Mario

Error 5115

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.