Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I know if my photos will be lost after stopping iCloud photo library?

I started using iCloud photo sharing...

So I purchased 20 gig of storage. That wasn't enough.

I decided that since I have plenty of room on my Mac, I could just keep all the originals there, and get them via photo stream. So I stopped iCloud photo library after trying to use it for a couple months. But there is a warning that I could lose photos if not downloaded from iCloud. I see no option to do this anywhere. There are 30 days (now 13) until photo sharing stops, and I have no idea what photos will be lost or not, if any.

I am wondering if there is a way to tell which ones will be lost? And how do I keep some of them on each device, if possible.

Mainly, I want to keep all of them on the Mac. That is the most important thing to me at this point.

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 5:27 PM

Do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. System Preferences/iCloud/Photos. Stop syncing and that will allow you to check your Library to see if you have everything. If necessary, you can resume syncing.

1 reply

How do I know if my photos will be lost after stopping iCloud photo library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.