Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12.2 Music match - Star ratings lost

How do I restore star ratings? Music match seems to have had its way with them (and other meta data... ).

Looking to restore from a file on Time Machine if at all possible.

My iPhone has backups but I have been struggling to set this up and that is no longer an option for me. After multiple restores and saves due to meta data and playlist issues I have lost lost track of what restore I would pull from.

Imac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 3:37 PM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 6:54 AM in response to treewick

I believe the only document that would have your lost ratings would be a previous version of "iTunes Library.itl".

You may not need Time Machine for this -- look in the folder Music > iTunes > Previous iTunes Libraries. You'll just need to choose a document here, rename it, and swap it out for iTunes Library.itl in the main iTunes folder, then start up iTunes again.

12.2 Music match - Star ratings lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.