Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12.2.0 won't play my music in my car

Before its release, the Bluetooth connection between my 2014 Jetta and my iPhone worked well. With 12.2.0, the car recognizes the phone, but no music will play via the car's "media" button like it did. I haven't tested making an actual call and don't have the car with me to post the result here.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 2:52 PM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2015 1:53 PM in response to Just Steve, thanks

Hi, Steve.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are experiencing an issue playing music in your car after an update. Here are some troubleshooting steps that I would recommend going through when experiencing this issue. Also, you may need to reach out to Volkswagen for assistance with this as your system may require an update.

If you're using Bluetooth

1. Check your car stereo's user manual for steps about pairing with a Bluetooth device.
  2. On your iOS device, swipe up to open the Control Center, then tapUser uploaded filetwice to turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, Contact Apple Support.

If you're using USB Playback

1. Restart your iOS device and your car.
  2. Connect your iOS device to a different stereo USB port (if you have one).
  3. Try a different USB cable.
  4. Update your iOS device.
  5. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  6. Try playing audio from a different app. If you can't play audio from a specific third-party app, contact the app developer for help. If you can't play audio from an Apple app, Contact Apple Support.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo​

-Jason H.

12.2.0 won't play my music in my car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.