Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black area at the bottom left of the screen

Couple of hours ago I found out there is a tiny black spot at the bottom left corner of my screen. It doesn't look like dead pixels (or maybe it is, I dont know) but when the screen is white I almost don't see it. But when the backlight is grey, purple or darker colors I can clearly see it And it's making me really angry because I paid so much money on it. First I thought it's because of the screen protector, so I removed it. But the little shadow is still there. Please share your thoughts. Anything helps.

iPhone 6, 64GB, space grey

P.s: I live in Tehran, Iran and there's no apple store here.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 10:09 AM

Hello arminhamidi,

I'm trying to picture what you are describing: a tiny black spot that almost disappears with a white screen but is visible with a darker screen. It may or may not be dead pixels but then also looks like a shadow. A shadow sounds bigger than a pixel or two.

Does the shadow stay in place with screen rotation or with a screen shot? See if the following article helps:

Get help with the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Specifically note the section "If you see lines, missing sections, discoloration, or poor image quality".

Best,

Nubz

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2015 10:09 AM in response to arminhamidi

Hello arminhamidi,

I'm trying to picture what you are describing: a tiny black spot that almost disappears with a white screen but is visible with a darker screen. It may or may not be dead pixels but then also looks like a shadow. A shadow sounds bigger than a pixel or two.

Does the shadow stay in place with screen rotation or with a screen shot? See if the following article helps:

Get help with the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Specifically note the section "If you see lines, missing sections, discoloration, or poor image quality".

Best,

Nubz

Jul 8, 2015 11:44 PM in response to Nubz N.

Hey there Nubz,

Your reply was helpful, I appreciate that. I looked into that link you mentioned and I found out that my iphone's problem is "bright pixel anomaly". The article was reasonable. But because there's no apple store in Tehran, I can't do nothing. I bought my iphone about 3months ago, and I took care of it. I think it's just bad luck or something! I just hope it doesn't get worse.

Best,

Armin

Black area at the bottom left of the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.