Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File format cannot be opened

I have saved all my 9500 photos from my Iphone 5s to my Macbook, I have then saved the pics to my 2TB WD exFAT hard drive, I also use a PC and wish to open my Iphone pics on there, when I try to do this my PC informs me the file format cannot be opened, upon opening the folder the images appear in the icon for a brief second but then the icons go blank and then I get the format message when I try to open.

I can still access my Gopro footage through Adobe Premier Pro CC from my PC and Mac Book. I often save files from both machines and re open between them with no issue. I have no clue as to why the PC won't let me open them.

I also had a message saying my PC was blocking me from opening the file, I tried disabling Norton but still the problem continued, I have performed a windows update checked for errors on the hard drive but still no luck.

I've rebooted the machine and swapped USB port, all that happened when I did this is that the error message changed to cant open that format.

Is it my Iphone my Macbook, WD or my PC?

Any ideas, its driving me crazy!

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 4:22 PM

There are no replies.

File format cannot be opened

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.