Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2nd gen i louder than my 4th gen

Hi,

today I bought my new iPod Shuffle 2GB 4th gen and I noticed that I cannot cover the music in my gym. I have the same Sennheiser (99$) headphones, same songs but the gadget is quiet. I compare it at home and my 2G is at least 20-30% louder. Can I fix this?

Thanks,

Gorast

AppleTV 2, iOS 6.1.2, Airport Extreme 5GHz network

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 3:25 PM

2 replies

Jul 8, 2015 10:25 AM in response to Gorast

Hi Gorast,

If you iPod shuffle isn't going to the desired volume, please check the volume limit to see if it can be raised.

Manage iPod shuffle - iTunes Help

Set the maximum volume for your iPod shuffle

1. Set your iPod shuffle to the desired maximum volume.

2. Connect your device to your computer.

3. Click the device button, then click Summary (iPod shuffle 3rd generation or later only).

User uploaded file

4. Select “Limit maximum volume.”
If you don’t see this option, you need to update the software on your iPod shuffle. Click Summary in the sidebar (if necessary), and click Update.

5. Drag the slider to the desired maximum volume.
The initial slider setting matches the volume the iPod shuffle was set to when you selected the “Limit maximum volume” checkbox.

6. To require a password to change this setting, click the lock, and enter a password.

Regards,
Nubz

Jul 8, 2015 2:00 PM in response to Nubz N.

Hi Nubz N.,

I did all of that:

1. Turn on the option and set the slider to the maximum but still no change

2. I select all songs and right-click Get info... then in Sound set the volume to +100% and still nothing changes on the songs.

3. Sound Check is unchecked.

I did all the combinations and tested/compared but the sound is always lower than my 2G.

I was so happy when I finally got it and now I cannot use because the music in my gym mixes with my tunes... Its frustrating...

Gorast

My 2nd gen i louder than my 4th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.