Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help

I have itunes match, I upgraded ios 8 and subscribed to apple music, now I can't enable itunes match, it has been replaced with icloud music library. Where can I find it? is it the same as icloud music library?.

if I disable this, I can see my itunes library!!😐

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 3:17 PM

4 replies

Jul 6, 2015 3:19 PM in response to astridhev

iTunes music incorporates Match. So if you have iTunes music, you also get match. It will automatically scan your library, add anything that exists in iTunes music to your collection and automatically upload the songs that they don't have into iCloud (up to 25K tracks).

A little icon next to your tracks should tell you the status of each of the songs.

Jul 6, 2015 4:06 PM in response to astridhev

If it does not show a cloud icon then you should be able to stream it straight from iTunes music.

The error I have gotten in the past too, could be a network connection that is down or an error on their side. For me it usually cleared up after a while. May need some patience there.

EDIT: You can try and run an iTunes Genius update, this seems to trigger the parsing / syncing of the library for me.

Jul 6, 2015 9:18 PM in response to astridhev

Make sure your aware that the "Show all Music" switch is now located in the App where it belongs versus over in settings. Assuming that switch is off so you can view your entire cloud library, the songs in the cloud will no longer show a cloud icon. It operates the inverse of what it did by now showing you what is on your device by a little bookmark indicator next to each track that's downloaded for offline viewing. Any song or track with no bookmark is assumed to be in the cloud. FYI. Per Apples working, iTunes Match and Apple Music are independent yet complimentary services. They are not quite the same as Apple Music is really a rental music streaming interface. The cloud aspect doesn't operate quite the same. After all, virtually all of your existing songs are already part of the 30 million tracks Apple offers. But iTunes Match is comprised of only music you own so when you stream or download to your device, no Apple DRM format is attached to it. Whereas, every song (even if you already owned it) is streamed to your device with Apple Format Attached. That's a tire steaming service, not an iCloud service.

help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.