Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beatles not eligible for iTunes Match?

Hi there,

I noticed that iTunes refuses to put my Beatles album into the iCloud. It just states "not eligible".

Has anybody else noticed this? If so, any idea(s) as to why this is the case? Did Apple Music not allow Apple (Computer) to offer this?

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 3:17 PM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2015 7:20 PM in response to Michael Kalus

I'm big on the Beatles as well so I know where your coming. Interesting question you have since you already subscribed to Apple Music so it's tough to know. I have iTunes Match and uploaded the Beatles CD a few weeks ago with no problem. I'm guessing if you ever decide to cancel Apple Music and happened to be an iTunes Match subscriber it shouldn't be a problem. Apple Music doesn't offer it and by subscribing to that service you effectively put iTunes Match in a subordinate position so to speak. Your now running Apple's Music streaming service where all music streamed or downloaded comes Apple formatted to your device. Even if you already had the song in iTunes Match, it will now be delivered to you under the parameters if Apple Music. Not a big deal as long as you keep iTunes Match. If you must have the Beatles, unsubscribe to Apple Music under your account and restart iTunes and you should be operating under iTunes Match.

Beatles not eligible for iTunes Match?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.