Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages documents with multiple sheets, photos, captions and wrapped text don't open correctly.

On 8/25/14 I installed a new Pages app, version 5.2.2 on my MacBook OSX version 10.9.5, with 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 memory. It does not open large files correctly if they contain documents with multiple sheets containing several layers of photos, captions, and wrapped text. The text in a text box tends to partially appear within the text box, but in the wrong location. To solve this problem, I click within the text box in a blank space before the first word of text and tap any key or the space bar. The text then jumps into the correct location immediately following the new character that I typed in. Then, I tap the backspace once, and the text is in the correct location. However, it is not stable there, and if I scroll to another page and return, it may have moved, again. When I get all text to the correct location, then I can print the document, convert it to a PDF, etc. Once it's converted to a PDF, the text is completely stable. I am willing to update my operating system, along with the Pages program, if that would solve the problem. Meanwhile, I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has experienced and solved this problem.

MacBook (13-inch Aluminum Late 2008), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 5:45 PM

1 reply

Pages documents with multiple sheets, photos, captions and wrapped text don't open correctly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.