Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to watch Amazon Instant Video via AppleTV?

I have an amazon.com Prime account which gives me access to video.

I also have AppleTV and would like to access the Amazon Instant Video library but I don't see how. There is no Amazon.com choice found on AppleTV Menu.

I am able to watch Amazon on my MacBookPro via wi-fi but I am lost as to how to connect the two.

Or am I smoking bad stuff?

TIA and apologize for the vagueness of my question.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 8GB SDRAM; 750GB HD

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 5:35 PM

You would need to mirror, which requires a Mac from 2011 or later, running OSX 10.8 or later. The alternative is a 3rd party app like Airparrot, results vary so use the trial first

3 replies

Jul 7, 2015 12:24 PM in response to pwwwayne

Then you should be good to mirror. If Apple TV and MBP are on the same network you will see the airplay icon in the top right corner. Just click on that and select Apple TV. Note: mirroring requires a lot of resources so make sure no other activity is occurring (other streaming, network backups etc). If there is interference detected over wifi that can also cause issues, but try it first and see how it goes.

Use AirPlay to see your Mac screen on an HDTV - Apple Support

Is it possible to watch Amazon Instant Video via AppleTV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.