Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

8.4 update will only play one song in my car. Cannot forward.

For a couple of years my iPod worked great. The update prior to 8.4 caused a small bug that would not allow me to shut off "Repeat". I was able to overcome it by pushing the "Next" button on my dashboard. NOW, after 8.4....ALL it will do is play one song....it will not forward, will not respond to the dashboard buttons, it is completely useless! I went to the Apple Store to find out what I was doing wrong...they said..."We cant be responsible for every radio system out there. So I guess it wont work in your car, use it at home". REALLY?!?! It worked before the update it does not work now! What more do they need to know! I bought it for use in my car!!! Again, it worked before...it doesnt now. It will not forward or respond to buttons on the dashboard. I have a Ford F-150, using the USB port as I have since I got the iPod. And as soon as I updated, it will not work. Any ideas? After my visit to the Apple store, my only idea is to look into what Sansa is offering.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 6:13 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2015 2:11 AM in response to RodTod11

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset the car system

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Contact the car system developer/go to their support

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem then you will have to see if an update to the car system or to iOS resolves the problem

8.4 update will only play one song in my car. Cannot forward.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.