Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos not syncing from Photos

This is happening from my 2-year-old iMac running 10.10.4 to both my iPad Air 2 and my iPhone 6, both running 8.4. I have both iOS devices to sync all photos from Photos. They did sync initially, but now, when I add a few photos to the iMac, they don't sync to the devices. After I try a few times, I notice that the Photos sync setting for the device in iTunes becomes unchecked. It IS checked at first, but this does not move those new photos to the device. Somewhere along the line, it just unchecked itself. I check it, then wind up resyncing the whole library to the device, and this does finally get the new photos onto the device. Any advice?

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 4:48 PM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2015 4:52 PM in response to EddieT

Also, I notice the photo count is different in Photos and in the Photos pane of iTunes for my device (the gray number next to "Copy photos from: Photos" Predictably the pane in iTunes is smaller, and does not reflect the photos I just added to Photos. Maybe it is HOW I add them? I just open an album I want to put them in, then drag and drop from somewhere like Downloads or Desktop.

photos not syncing from Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.