Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good external HD?

I apologize if this question gets asked a lot, I'm sure it does, but I didn't see any posts that were recent, within the last year or so anyway, covering this topic.

I'm looking for a decent external hard drive, best bang for my buck. Would like a minimum of 1TB. Would like to stay well below $100. I've seen a few here and there but was wondering if anyone had strong feelings towards a specific brand/model.

Would like to get at least a few years out of it.

I currently have a mid-2011 MacBook Pro running 10.10.4. I use a Time Capsule w/ 1TB for back ups, but had a recent 'situation' which is causing me to wipe the Time Capsule and start over. Before I do that, I have about 100 movies on the Time Capsule (on a partitioned part of the TC) that I need to move to another drive before I wipe it. Don't have enough storage on my MBP to move the movies to while I wipe the TC.

Probably too much info, but that's why I need the new external drive.

Thanks for any advice/tips on a new external HD.

Ehren

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 4:38 PM

2 replies

Good external HD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.