Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer share GarageBand-edited songs to iTunes. Gets stuck in "preparing copy" mode and I have to shut down computer to exit Garageband.

I can no longer share songs that I've edited in GarageBand to iTunes as I did before. There has been no GarageBand update to change it or mess it up. When I click "share" and choose "send to iTunes," the transaction gets stuck in "preparing copy" mode…. and rolls and rolls. Then I have to force quit the computer to exit GarageBand. It's not a one time glitch. I've tried it repeatedly, even using different songs. Is there a relatively simple solution?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 8:11 PM

I am having the same problem. I have Force Quit Garage Band 3 times now and have tried restarting macbook but nothing has worked.

11 replies

Jul 7, 2015 8:06 PM in response to stephanie-ccba

Did you see the suggestion from Hang Time? It works for me and now I don't have to burn CDs to import manually. Share your Garageband tune to Disk and it'll go to your music folder. Then you can take it from your music folder and drop it into iTunes without wasting a CD. I hope it works as well for you as it has for me. Thanks to HangTime.

Can no longer share GarageBand-edited songs to iTunes. Gets stuck in "preparing copy" mode and I have to shut down computer to exit Garageband.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.